Monday, November 20, 2017

The Sad and the Bad...

 
 
Where I Was.
 
 
Four months ago, you would have found me to be quite a different person if you could see through the facade I tried to keep up.
 
 
My physical, mental ,emotional and spiritual selves were deteriorating. I was in such a state that it took all I had to live a bare minimum life.
 
I was tired (suffering insomnia), depressed, anxious, living in a thick brain fog, thirty pounds overweight and suffering with intense migraines with great frequency.  I was not a happy girl.
 
 
And if that wasn't hard enough, there was the tremendous guilt for not doing all the things I felt I should be.  There was guilt because I felt I was a bad wife because I leaned too hard and too often on my husband.  Guilt for being a bad mom because I had so little to give my girls and they at times ended up giving to me and or doing for themselves.  Guilt because I was a whiny daughter.  Guilt because I was a bad church member. I barely got to church because of the migraines and depression.  Guilt because I was a bad Christian because of poor church attendance and I was having a hard time reading my Bible and praying.  Guilt because I was a bad friend.  And the list goes on....   That is a lot of guilt my friends.
 
 
Well, I would love to say that today I am guilt free and that I am completely better today.  I would like to say, I am never depressed, over anxious, never suffer insomnia, never have migraines, have become the best Christian wife, mother, family member, church member and friend that I can be, that I am the perfect weight. But that would be a lie.
 
 
But what I can say is that my quality of life has greatly improved in the last four months in all the areas I just mentioned.
 
 
How?  Why?  Tune in to my next post called , "Dealing and Healing" to find out.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment