Saturday, November 11, 2017

First Post


Finding Joy in the Journey




Hi! My name is Jenn and I am starting this blog to share and encourage other woman on  the way.    I am almost 50 years old (in January) and I want to be fifty and fabulous!  I want to look good and feel good.  I want to be the best me possible, for my God, my family, my friends and for myself. 

I currently suffer depression (though it's less then it was), anxiety issues, and have chronic migraines.  I was 30 pounds overweight six months ago (now I am only 10) .   I tend to be a negative Nellie, the glass is half empty kinda gal. I tend to start things and never finish (fear of failure).   But it's time for a change.  It's time to "Find Joy in the Journey"   It's time to push forward and get out of my own way!  I want to celebrate this new  decade, this new time period, the beginning of the twilight of my life.

 I am a wife of 25 years,   and a mother to three beautiful girls.    My oldest two (one is 25, the other 20) were adopted.  My youngest is fifteen and currently homeschooled.   I am not employed but I am pretty busy with homeschooling and taking care of things around here.  Sometimes my migraines rob me of my time. 
 
I love to read, and I am currently trying other things on to see if they fit.  I just finished a beginner crochet class.  (I  really enjoyed it and hopefully continue to learn more and get better on my own.) Over the last few years I have developed a bigger interest in cooking.  I love looking on Pinterest for new recipes but I am also trying to develop my own recipes as well.   I have always wanted to be a writer and I am working on that (this blog).  And this week I took out 3 books from the library on learning how to draw. Just trying stuff out.
 
I am on a low carb diet and have started going to the gym and walking to lose the weight.   I have found that the diet and exercise has helped my mentally and has helped with my migraines.  I will be discussing my diet, exercise, books I am reading, new things I am trying out and bits and pieces of what's going on in my life in future blog posts.

 I am also hoping to meet some new friends here with other ladies who want to find the joy in the journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment